From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the P2P process in providing a world-class Accounts Payable team to the rapidly growing business.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure across a broad range of P2P processes and to work in a dynamic and ambitious company which is the main trading arm of the world’s largest gas producer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working within one of the small sub teams within the Financial Operations department
- Invoice entry
- Query Resolution
- GR/IR reconciliation to ensure that we are not overstating spend
- Ensuring payments are issues and that no late charges are incurred
- Creating reports to monitor the teams KPIs and SLAs
- Expense validation to ensure that employees are compliant with their submissions
- Ensure that all queries are responded to within SLAs and resolved accurately
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
Skills & Competencies
- A working knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Diligent and dependable
- Good organisational and execution skills
- Ability to work well in a small but growing team
- Able to work as part of a team as well as an individually
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes
- Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues.
- Experience in reconciling large sets of data
- Experienced in invoicing and payment processing
- Experience in GL reconciliations
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent).