Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
- The Role of the Application Support Analyst is to support, administer, monitor, release and operate all Production applications within GM&T.
- Supporting GM&T business critical applications, delivering the on-going application release cycle changes and on boarding new applications meeting the growing demands of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out daily morning and evening checks for all the critical applications and provide a summary report for the IT Operations.
- Effectively managing all the major production incidents, taking complete ownership towards the closure of the incident. Ensuring regular updates are provided for issues and liaising with the relevant support teams to ensure minimal downtime/disruption
- Service request fulfillment.
- Problem Management
- Deploy application code on all the production and pre-production environments across the various GM&T applications based on the release schedule. This includes managing all the business communications and post release environment availability.
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationships with the business community to increase customer knowledge, capability and system satisfaction within the IT community to maintain and improve the services offered by the support function.
- Building strong knowledge management repository across the applications within the team ensuring all the operational, application support handover and process documents are maintained up to date.
- Proactively identify application improvements on the areas of performance, availability and automation of the repetitive tasks which saves the overall cost and time.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to deliver and understand the importance of customer service excellence, face to face and by telephone.
- Excellent Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Technically proficient with: MS Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) and MS SQL (2005/2008/2012), Web Technologies, MS Windows 7.
- Managing operations and delivering services
- Integrating and aligning systems
- Delivering projects and outcomes
- Ability to prioritise to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to follow defined to processes to complete tasks.
- Well organised
Below knowledge is mandatory:
- Experience of working within the ITIL framework
- Hands on experience in the implementation and ongoing management of trading applications and associated interfaces
- Experience of end of day batch processing and business reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
Below experience is advantageous but not mandatory:
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy industry
- Experience of working with Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) systems, preferably Openlink Endur
- Knowledge of Trayport and/or EXXETA Energy Trader
- Experience of working with trade pricing tools
- Knowledge and understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of PnL
- Knowledge and understanding of the settlement and invoicing processes
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or computing related subject
- Professional certifications in desired skills areas an advantage