Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Architecture and Innovation Manager is the owner of the architecture and innovation management capability and leads the team of architects to ensure that individual projects are using technology in an optimal way to maximize the value to the enterprise while optimizing the risks and total costs of ownership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively engage with business and IT&D stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Head of Strategy & Governance and other stakeholders on defining and refining IT&D’s strategic direction and mission, and GM&T’s business-technology principles.
- Evangelize IT&D’s strategic direction and mission
- Tailor good practices of Enterprise Architecture management to GM&T needs. Implement, operate, monitor and adjust the optimal level of Enterprise Architecture management to maximize return on investment in technology-enabled initiatives.
- Enable reuse by documenting architecture and solution building blocks and making them discoverable. Guide by example, collaborate with other architects and organizational stakeholders.
- Lead the team of Architects. Manage the Architecture team’s workplan, resource utilization and project allocation. Ensure the Architecture team is properly staffed and budgeted to execute the work planned. Collaborate with the portfolio planning team on operating plan management and annual planning to accommodate any required architecture work. Work with IT&D Leadership team to resolve budget/cost concerns and challenges.
- Proactively engage with the business to ensure business planning decisions are technology informed.
- Contribute to major business-technology initiatives, such as cloud adoption and digital transformation, organize and coordinate architecture-related workstreams.
- Lead the team of architects to:
- Focus on engaging with teams to drive compliance via providing architectural guidance, as opposed to publishing guidance and controlling compliance.
- Be the custodians of GM&T’s technology landscape, across all enterprise architecture domains
- Participate in technology architecture and design decision making for solutions delivered by GM&T’s IT&D department
- Create technology roadmap for all software development projects undertaken within GM&T and align with department technology roadmap
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of Gazprom’s business strategy and value drivers in order to anticipate how the IT landscape can be engineered to deliver the required business capability & benefit.
- Monitor technology trends, stay aware of technology development, be able to articulate how new technologies can improve GM&T’s return on IT&D investments. Carefully consider introducing new technologies to seize business opportunities, while controlling technological diversity and avoiding duplication.
- Create a home for new ideas, and ensure that everyone knows where to go with ideas and where to go for inspiration.
- Contribute to digital innovation initiatives and insure that the required level of architecture governance is in place to maximize business benefits and protect value.
Domain/Solution Architecture Management
- The Architecture and Innovation Manager is also an individual contributor and will combine their Team Leadership and Enterprise Architecture duties with one of the following hands on roles: Lead Solution Architect, Lead Cloud Architect, Lead Security Architect, Lead Infrastructure Architect, Lead Data Architect.
Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
- Strong enterprise architecture management experience, including the business architecture domain. Excellent ability to take sophisticated enterprise architecture frameworks, right-size and adapt them to the company maturity, culture and needs to maximize benefits.
- Team leadership and management experience.
- Ability to balance the “big picture” and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
- Strong conceptual thinker that is able to generate an abstract perspective from a complex fact base
Optional, good to have
- TOGAF and other architecture certifications
- Experience with Digital innovation/business transformation initiatives
- Cloud experience
- Energy and/or Trading industry experience