From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This individual will be responsible for the analysis and design of Gazprom Energy business processes and software systems in order to capture and define business specifications.
Based within the Manchester office, the key objective of this role is to support the expansion of the Gazprom Energy business by providing objective and effective business analysis of systems and processes, in accordance with business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with software vendors, architects, software developers, software testers and subject matter experts in the assessment, analysis and design of strategic solutions
- Consult with key business stakeholders to understand processes, agree the scope of change, develop the business case, document requirements, develop specifications and acceptance criteria
- Creation of all Business Analysis documentation including Vision and Scope, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications and all artefacts that support the definition of the solution
- Support and collaborate with Software Developers, Software Testers, Business Change and Application Support throughout the lifecycle of a project or programme to ensure its successful delivery
- Have awareness and understanding of how the functional design and delivery of a solution can impact peripheral systems and proactively manage dependencies
- Identify programme/organisational level risk and contribute in the management their mitigation
- Use effective requirements management techniques to ensure that they are prioritised according to customer needs, traceable to business process and any changes are managed and communicated with the relevant stakeholders
- Assist in capturing business benefits of carrying out an IT project by defining tangible and intangible benefits
- Adhere to internally defined standards and guidelines for documenting requirements and design artefacts; as well as recognising opportunities for challenging the norm
- Work autonomously and within a team to deliver technology enabled business change
- Working and engaging with business representatives to define both their design principles and design positions
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and maintained where necessary
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- Experienced in managing all aspects of a full SDLC lifecycle
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- An effective facilitator of team and client meetings
- Able to communicate relevant project information to relevant stakeholders
- Knows when to escalate or resolves issues in a timely fashion
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures
- Self-starter who is able to work with limited guidance
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment with little supervision and direction
- Displays resilience, drive, and energy
- Proactive in achieving results
- Able to effectively convey the Gazprom Energy message in both written and verbal business development discussions
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project 2003-2010
- Minimum of 4 years Business Analysis experience is essential
- Experience working in an energy utility, trading or retail environment. Exposure to European and global markets is an advantage
- Experience of supporting a functional design process for a retail energy systems replacement programme.
- Experience of working with a range of business, IT, and 3rd party stakeholders in the delivery of a shared goal / vision (essential).
- Experienced in the definition, shaping, creation, and on-going management of functional design artefacts (essential). This includes functional requirements, process architectures, business processes, and business KPIs.
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) is essential
- Knowledge of modelling techniques such as UML Use Case, process flow, ERD, Data models is essential
- Exposure to using SQL for data attribute analysis activities is an advantage
- Experience in capturing technical requirements using appropriate diagramming techniques and tools
- Project management and system testing experience is an advantage with the use of industry applications such as MS Excel, MS Word etc.
- Experience of Agile development methodologies is an advantage
- Degree (ideally in a numerate or computing related subject) or equivalent industry experience
- Professional certifications in core skill areas is an advantage