Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Office of Strategy Management will grow our profitability through implementing development strategy and projects for Gazprom products by working with Gazprom Group companies to ensure our business development activity fully supports Gazprom's downstream strategy.
In particular, New Projects Division plays a lead role in the identification, qualification and delivery of new businesses to be transmitted to BU's, after agreement on a business model and on intra-group transaction model with our mother company.
We are a new team that is acting as a central focal point for coordinating all new Business project developments on international markets within Gazprom. Such complex New Business Projects request interacting as well with BU's inside GM&T, as well with Gazprom export or other subsidiaries of Gazprom group. It also request to trade with finance, engineering and technology options, logistic processes, and marketing and sales developments.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on a broad array of transactions using their specialised skills ideally gained through working in Investment Banking, in Engineering and in international Marketing and Sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working with New Projects team to define, prepare and implement transactions:
- Corporate finance analysis and valuation
- Engineering equipment and process analysis
- Logistic process analysis
- Strategic context analysis in a Global group
- Marketing and sales strategy analysis and implementation
- Transaction coordination
- Supporting the identification of strategic alternatives to build a strong business case for transactions
- Help management teams to craft storyline to position the transaction, prepare supporting project material to the executive management team and the board of directors
- Help to manage the intra-group transaction and contracting process
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work in international context requesting travels
- Ability to trade with moving targets and ambiguity in priorities
- Strong modelling and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task among several projects concurrently with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and creative individual who has demonstrated academic achievement and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Sets clearly defined objectives, manages time effectively, and monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
- Takes responsibility for actions, takes initiative, and works under own direction
- Analyses data and breaks information into component parts. Probes for further information, and produces workable solutions to a range of problems with the bigger picture in mind
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Actively listens to others, shows that they understand and value others’ views.
- Work experience should include relevant experience from either similar functions within international corporations
- Former positions in engineering, marketing and sale, logistic team will be appreciated, with bonus for multi-skills experience
- Strong execution experience on international deals
- Graduate degree from a top-tier university (2.1 or above)
- Strong A-levels or equivalent
- Demonstrated academic achievement, specifically in Project Management, Engineering, Marketing Strategy, or international Sales.
- Fluency in English and Russian