Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for accurately and timely confirming GM&T physical Power, Gas, Carbon and Green Certificate trades, as well as Derivative and FX trades, with external Clients and Brokers.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Confirmations Analyst to gain exposure across a very wide range of energy products and to work in a dynamic and ambitious company which is the main trading arm of the world’s largest gas producer.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
Power, Gas, Carbon, Green Certificate, Derivative and FX Confirmations
- Ensuring the issue of timely and accurate confirmations to counterparties and investigating and resolving discrepancies.
- Completeness of Broker Reconciliations, to ensure that all trades are captured correctly in ETRMs.
- Checking of direct trades that GM&T execute. Ensuring that trades are booked correctly in our ETRM.
- Ensuring trades feed EFETNet CMS and that trades are matched with Brokers and Counterparties by T+1. Investigate any discrepancies. Build good relationships with Counterparties. Escalate issues to management.
- Ensure that we send out paper confirmations to counterparties we do not electronically match with by T+1.
- Accurate checking of paper confirmations received from Counterparties to the ETRMs.
- Complete trade reconciliations with exchanges and grids.
- Complete Excel based reconciliations of internal and external Counterparty transactions.
- Provide daily/weekly /monthly metric/stats and relevant commentary to Management.
- Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Legal, IT, Credit, Front office. Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with these stakeholders.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
- Constantly review and provide ideas for improving processes across the team to streamline, and automate current processes.
- Provide Support / Cover in times of absence to the Regulatory Reporting Analyst.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of confirmations for Commodity products preferred.
- Knowledge of the regulations EMIR, REMIT and Dodd Frank
- Good working knowledge of trading systems, preferably ENDUR
- Experience of using an electronic matching platform, preferably EFETNet.
- Exposure to new systems implementation and systems development.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good grasp of Excel.
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Diligent and dependable.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational and execution skills.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
- Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes.
- Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues.
- Proven experience of working in confirmations team in an energy trading environment preferred
- Experience of working with trading counterparties and direct contact with trading desks
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience