Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Corporate Controller will assume the responsibility and accountability for the integrity of the relevant Corporate balances, including SF expenses and Intercompany that form GM&T’s books and records at a General Ledger (“GL”) account split by profit centre or cost centre level.
The role will involve performing specific controlling roles with primarily a month end focus but including intra month controls focused on acting as the gatekeeper for how activities are captured in the books and records, furthermore they will be responsible for ensuring that all accounts are reconciled and substantiated and informing the users of this data that all control and substantiation processes have been completed.
The role will also be responsible for driving the continuous improvement agenda for Finance focusing on Accounting & Control processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial control and reconciliation of underlying General Ledger balances in SAP and substantiation of these balances.
- Identifying, designing and implementing key SAP processes, eg allocations, accruals & reversal, intercompany reconciliations and pre-payments
- Review month end timeline and drive reduction in close timeline and efficiencies across the month end process
- Running relevant month end close procedures in line with the GL close timetable.
- Accountable for the sign off of relevant Profit and Loss and Balance sheet accounts using the GL Sign off tool.
- Supporting all other Finance teams by providing operational interface between Controlling team and Reporting functions, confirming that specific financial data is accurate, reconciled and complete in SAP. Additionally, provide evidence that all relevant data is underpinned by a rigorous governance process.
- Interfacing with Business Planning & Reporting team on integrity of functional specific “actual” data, responding to queries and providing commentary to Business Planning & Reporting Business partners as required.
- Leverage current IT systems and environment to promote the concept of self service and drive standardisation of reporting processes across the company.
- Point of contact for other teams querying actual data in SAP, providing commentary as required.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience working in Finance organisations in multiple functions/areas.
- Working knowledge and experience of SAP ECC, SAP BW, finance processes and control environments.
- Previous experience of working in a Controlling role.
- Working knowledge of Finance control processes, preferably within a commodity trading environment
- Part-Qualified accountant, working in financial control roles.