From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Customer Services Advisor will act as the first point of contact for all Customer Enquiries, ensuring that queries are resolved within a specific timescale. The position is also responsible for Contract Administration for all UK Gas and Electricity Supply Agreements within a team framework.
The key task of this role is to enable the expansion of the Gazprom Energy’s business in the UK by ensuring that all activities relating to Customer Services, including contract documentation, are administered effectively and efficiently. Additionally, the role will help to maintain high levels of Customer Service by ensuring that all activities, incoming calls and emails are managed effectively and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritise all incoming calls and emails ensuring they are passed to the correct members of staff, dealing with issues directly as set out by the Customer Services Supervisor
- Ensure customer queries are resolved within specific timescales.
- Process Gas and Electricity Supply Agreements, ensuring that the customer accounts and payment details are set up within specified deadlines.
- Work within the standard processes to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensure efficient flow of information between the Sales Team and Customer Services
- Maintain an effective filing system for the Supply Contract Agreements
- Production of Reports reflective of performance in line with Operations Manager’s Requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external management team
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility and build relationships with Senior Managers and other internal and external parties.
- Ability to successfully persuade, influence and negotiate with internal and external parties.
- Excellent IT skills, with proven working knowledge of Databases and MS Office including advanced MS Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work.
- The initiative to propose solutions and to take action independently and the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo.
- Able to prioritise within a busy challenging environment.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually.
- Flexible approach to work, with a willingness to be involved in other areas of the business as required.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer service role is essential
- Experience of being involved in developing new systems and processes
- Experience in a Customer focussed Role within the Energy Industry would be a significant advantage
- Degree level education (or equivalent) or relevant experience