From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Summer internship within the Forecasting team, based in Manchester. Your role is to support a dynamic team of Forecasting Analysts, to deliver a range of projects during the summer period.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the team to drive commercial cost savings, through maintaining accurate data information
- Generate reports using excel, to improve efficiency and enable the team to produce accurate data
- Work on programming projects and help the team to deliver a range of tasks on a daily basis
- General ad-hoc admin support for the team where needed
Skills & Competencies
- Ideally some knowledge of a programming language (not essential)
- Good understanding of Excel - ideally V-Look Ups, VBA level
- Strong communications skills
- Proactive attitude to work
- Good at working under pressure, to tight timelines
- Previous work experience is not required
- Experience of using Excel to manipulate data and generate reports
- Experience working with a programming language such as Python is desirable
- Working towards a degree in Maths, Physics, Computing (or equivalent qualification)