From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Forecasting Manager is responsible for managing a team of Forecasting Analysts to meet the growing needs of Gazprom Energy, reporting to the Head of Commercial Desk. The role will involve ensuring the day-to-day production of forecasts for all regions and commodities and the ongoing management and development of the forecasting function
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, support and motivate the Retail Forecasting Team
- Lead implementation of market leading forecasting models, assumptions and modelling techniques
- Report on forecast performance to senior management
- Liaise with pricing and trading teams on development of hedging strategy
- Support analytical requirements for weather hedges and other derivatives
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with queries and build relationships with internal and external parties.
- Quantitative degree, such as maths, physics, or computer science would be beneficial
- Post-graduate degree, or professional qualifications would be beneficial
- Experience in programming would be beneficial
- Experience of project delivery in an IT environment
- Understanding of version control software, documentation, and testing would be beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The initiative to propose solutions and to take action independently and the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo.
- Able to prioritise within a busy challenging environment.
- Expertise of Energy Demand forecasting techniques and applications
- Application of neural networks in a commercial environment would be beneficial
- Relevant statistical and modelling experience
- Previous experience of managing a team would be beneficial
- Previous experience in the energy industry, particularly in a demand forecasting role, would be advantageous.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification (or commensurate work experience in a relevant area).