From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the P2P process in providing a world-class Accounts Payable team, to the rapidly growing business.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to manage the Accounts Payable team (currently four Accounts Payable Analysts), ensuring that invoices and payments are processed in a timely manner, and controls are robust and regularly reviewed.
The role also includes responsibility for staff development, integration in a Global Finance & Treasury function and ensuring cross-coverage of skills and maintenance of procedures/controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Harmonising the transition of the Accounts Payable function into Manchester and coordinating activity across a number of global locations
- Managing the Accounts Payable team on a day to day basis, ensuring that all members of the team maintain high levels of performance and accuracy
- Delegating workloads and prioritising tasks for the team
- Ensuring Accounts Payable processes are actioned within agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Dealing with stakeholders on a day to day basis and managing complex situations in a timely manner
- Documenting and implementing new purchase ledger processes and enforcing a stringent internal controls environment
- Preparing reports and KPIs for management in relation to purchase ledger performance & SLAs
- Acting as senior escalation point for the team
- Dealing with internal & external queries regarding invoices and payments
- Allocating cash postings and clearing accounts in preparation for month end
- Responsible for the Travel Management solutions (SAP/Corporate Credit card management
- Training & development of the Accounts Payable team
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs
Skills & Competencies
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A working knowledge of SAP
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to spot errors and create proactive solutions
- Diligent and dependable
- Strong organisational and execution skills
- Motivated and proactive in achieving results
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Dedication to review and improve existing processes
- Commercially astute with the ability to solve complex issues
- Strong leadership skills: Ability to motivate, inspire and coach
- Solutions oriented: excellent understanding of the need to provide business solutions, whilst considering the risk and exposure to the business
- Collaboration: Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks that span boundaries, actively supports collaboration to achieve wider organisational goals
- Defining Priorities: Sets, clear objectives and priorities, ensures the availability of appropriate resources and holds people accountable
- Developing Talent: Develops and retains talent to ensure the long term success of the organisation
- Driving Change: Manages and drives change to help the organisation achieve its goals and supporting people with the journey
- Drive and Resilience: Is tenacious and committed, demonstrating accountability and ownership to ensure the delivery of results
- Proven management experience in an Accounts Payable Department is essential
- Experience of working within a Shared Service environment, ideally in a global company
- Previous exposure to working with multiple countries and currencies
- Experience in reconciling large sets of data
- Experienced in invoicing and payment processing
- Experience in GL reconciliations
- Educated to degree level standard, or equivalent (or relevant work experience)