Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The IT Infrastructure Support Analyst role has responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the core infrastructure services across the operations teams. This is a second line team and the successful candidate is expected to be at a good technical knowledge of servers, databases and networks. Working in an ITIL environment this role focuses on resolving Service Requests and Incidents within the agreed SLAs. This role requires having a proven track record in troubleshooting and resolving incidents, be able to follow process and write documentation when necessary. The jobholder will be responsible for following, maintaining and improving upon existing processes in conjunction with the operations teams and the Infrastructure Support Team Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the principal operations teams as 2nd line support, triaging and dealing with incidents and service requests, in conjunction with a service catalogue.
- Monitoring of operations team’s systems and proactive response to potential issues.
- Delivering enhancements in to existing processes and documentation where appropriate and adopting new services into the service catalogue.
- Building of physical and virtual servers
- Racking of physical equipment in the data center
Skills & Competencies
Have good knowledge and competence working with the following technologies:
- Windows Server (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) and clustering
- RedHat Linux
- Active Directory 2008 R2/2012 R2
- Exchange 2013
- Lync 2013 administration
- Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Server Build Standards
- Microsoft System Center (SCOM and SCCM)
- Citrix Xenapp Server 7.6
- Symantec Enterprise Vault 12
- Knowledge of Enterprise Storage (Pure, NetApp)
- Experience of racking server equipment in an enterprise level datacentre environment
- SQL Database Administration experience including maintenance jobs, backups and monitoring
- Cisco Network Administration experience
- Cisco switch administration e.g. port and VLAN changes
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility of tasks and issues
- Honesty and Integrity
- Has a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and the ability to prioritise
- Diligent and reliable
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation to a high standard
- Is able and willing to take the initiative
- Constantly looks for ways to improve existing processes
- Accepts that the role will require, on occasion, anti-social hours to be worked
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment;
- Relevant experience of the trading, financial or energy sector preferred.
- Degree level education (Computer Science preferred) or relevant experience.
- Relevant Microsoft, SQL and/or Cisco certifications strongly desirable.
- ITIL v3 Foundation