Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
We are looking for a bright, adaptable and commercially minded lawyer for the position of Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel to support our significant LNG business. The job holder will provide support to the LNG business in London and Singapore, negotiating and executing an extensive range of LNG documents, including LNG MSPAs and SPAs and providing clear and business-focussed advice on disputes affecting our LNG business.
This Job Specification provides an overview of the key requirements of the role; however, it is not an exhaustive list as the successful candidate will need to be flexible and thrive in dynamic, fast paced and developing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The provision of proactive support to the LNG trading and origination teams, including the drafting and negotiation of LNG documentation such as Long-Term SPAs, Master Agreements and Confirmation Notices and the provision of advice on disputes related to the LNG business;
- Providing support for LNG related corporate matters, such as board resolutions;
- Providing thorough, commercially-minded and well-reasoned contributions to discussions, documents and papers;
- Attending to project structuring matters associated with the LNG business;
- Dealing with finance and credit support matters associated with the LNG business;
- Monitoring and remaining ahead of changes in applicable laws and regulations that might impact on the LNG business.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent understanding of law and regulation affecting LNG transactions.
- Solid understanding of legal issues arising under LNG SPAs and MSPAs.
- Some disputes experience a distinct advantage, particularly arbitration.
- Commercially minded with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the significance of company compliance.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Team player, whilst being self-motivated and able to work autonomously when required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and articulate.
- Highly effective communication skills, articulate and able to converse at all levels.
- Must be clear-thinking and decisive.
- Ability to keep abreast of developments in related fields and committed to continuous learning developments within their field.
- Diligent and dependable.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Pro-active in achieving results.
- Able to build solid working relationships with the Front, Middle and Back Office business units.
- Able to cope with rapid business change and a pressurised environment.
- Able to demonstrate significant post-qualification experience as an LNG lawyer, either in-house or in private practice. Able to provide timely, pragmatic and well-reasoned legal advice on all areas of law applicable to LNG transactions and disputes
- Qualified as a solicitor in the UK or a British Commonwealth jurisdiction.