Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
To drive and protect value of cloud adoption and cloud-enabled digital initiatives through setting direction and providing execution guidance for all cloud initiatives in line with GM&T’s priorities and risk profile.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive cloud strategy development, starting with business priorities, risks and concerns and addressing the areas of value engineering, operating model and organizational change, training, operations integration, security, platform provider selection and relationship management, target platform architecture, workload migration approach.
- Evangelize the proper use of cloud at GM&T. Provide architectural guidance to cloud projects, both internal, and run by consultancies and ensure conformance.
- Contribute to the success of digital initiatives at GM&T. Drive secure, compliant, value- and TCO-optimized usage of cloud-enabled digital technologies.
- Educate business and IT&D stakeholders on benefits and risks of cloud adoption. Discover and address stakeholders’ concerns.
- Lead the development of cloud-related architectural guidance, e.g. standards, implementation guidelines, reference architectures, architecture building blocks.
- Lead the development of target state and transition architectures. Define hybrid cloud architectures.
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Commercial Manager to:
- Engage with cloud providers to articulate GM&T’s needs and concerns, establish partnering relationship to maximize the value of collaboration and optimize costs and risk exposure.
- Engage with consultancies, as required to utilize temporarily needed expertise, e.g. workload assessment and migration.
- Manage GM&T’s cloud partner ecosystem to maximize the business benefits while optimizing risks and total cost of ownership
- Drive automation in every aspect of cloud usage. Design architecture and lead the development of automated governance controls—bots that enforce cloud usage rules.
- Work with the Head of Strategy & Governance and other stakeholders to translate business priorities and risks, IT&D mission, business-technology principles, security strategy into practical, pragmatic, implementation-level guidance for cloud initiatives.
- Collaborate with Security and Compliance Manager, Architect, Analysts to understand and refine security and compliance requirements. Lead the implementation of embedded security controls in every aspect of cloud usage.
- Collaborate with the training department to develop and execute a cloud training plan for both business and IT&D employees.
- Ensure proper governance controls are in place around SaaS usage addressing the aspects of procurement, security, compliance, exit strategy, cost management, data ownership, vendor lock-in.
- Develop data centre exit strategy based on business priorities and risks, end-of-life data, contractual obligations.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication, stakeholder influence and management skills
- Experience in developing cloud adoption/transformation strategies, organizing and running cloud adoption programmes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, self-healing architectures, automated cloud governance controls (bots), operational integration
- Experience developing target platform architectures
- Experience with cloud migration planning and execution
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud
- Knowledge of cloud security and secure usage of cloud
- Experience addressing regulatory compliance requirements in cloud, e.g. data residency, ISO27002
- Familiarity with cloud adoption/transformation/migration frameworks, such as AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), AWS Well-Architected Framework (WAF)
- Solid understand of cloud economics and the ability to articulate cloud benefits in business terms
- Experience engaging and working with external consultancies
Optional, good to have
- Experience with AWS, Alibaba, Fujitsu clouds
- TOGAF and ITIL certifications
- Energy trading industry experience
- Experience with Digital innovation/business transformation initiatives
- Experience in optimizing IT/business-technology operating model for cloud and digital
- Terraform knowledge