From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, the Lead Project Manager will lead the project delivery team which includes project management, PMO, software development, test and external resources (3rd party, contractors etc). This role will take responsibility for delivering customer and IT driven projects, ensuring the project portfolio is aligned to changing business requirements, and providing cohesion between business change initiatives and the project delivery team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership to promote new ideas and creative solutions that improve the capability of the project delivery function
- Aligns the portfolio roadmap to the strategic priorities and objectives of the Gazprom Energy business, and ensures the portfolio roadmap adapts to accommodate changes in strategic business direction
- Advises on IT-enabled business solutions to meet the strategic objectives of Gazprom Energy
- Planning, directing, and co-ordinating activities to manage and implement complex programmes from contract /proposal initiation to final operational stage
- Leading project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for strategic, high impact, high risk projects
- Ensure professional best practice (PRINCE2) standards are applied to the management of all projects: governance, risks & issues management, financial/budget management, project methodology & comprehensive reporting
- Engages and influences senior managers and stakeholders to ensure the portfolio will deliver the agreed business objectives
- Ensure the necessary resources, people and business processes are in place to meet all quality, cost and timescale objectives
- Liaises with the business change team to ensure the changes delivered by the portfolio are managed effectively and thoughtfully within the business in a way that maximises value, minimises risk and sustains benefits.
- The management of software delivery and resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support software, and products to meet the needs of the business
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by your line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Able to lead and develop a team
- Able to communicate relevant project information to relevant stakeholders.
- Knows when to escalate or resolves issues in a timely fashion;
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design;
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements;
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Proven leadership experience
- Successful track record of delivering large/complex IT projects
- Exceptional vendor / 3rd party management skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships beyond technology communities
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair and energy; must be able to cope in dynamic environment with rapid business growth
- Proven track record for implementing best practice standards, in project delivery management and governance
- Has broad IT knowledge, covering software development and infrastructure
- Ideally has ‘digital’ experience
- Degree level education (or equivalent qualification) or relevant work experience