Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Reporting to the General Manager – Special Projects, and within the newly-formed Origination & Projects group of GM&T. Multi Commodity Project Manager role will be responsible for identifying, investigating, promoting, developing, negotiating and executing complex commercial projects as mandated by Global Origination & Projects management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to identify, develop and close complex commercial transactions in relevant commodities
- Able to draw-on and develop expertise and networks to ensure broad and up-to-date view, relevant to identify, and develop business opportunities
- Able to navigate complex transactions through corporate approval processes
- Good/excellent understanding of the dynamics, strategic themes and competitive environment faced by GM&T and the Gazprom Group
- Able to adapt approach and style to match the needs of the situation and project
- Open, proactive and cooperative approach across GM&T in partnership with Trading
- Working effectively through project teams drawn from across the organisation
- Languages: excellent English required. Russian and other languages are an advantage
- In depth knowledge of the dynamics of the global energy markets; relevant trading, marketing and shipping activities and evolving competitive environment
- Good understanding of portfolio, operational and enterprise risk, legal, tax and accounting practices relevant to complex transactions
- Proven and relevant track recording in a leading energy trading organization
- Built and sustained effective commercial relationships in an international and multi-cultural context
- Good understanding of the global dynamics of the energy market
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification.