Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The main objective of the Operational Risk Team is to support the commercial objectives of GM&T through effective administration of the GM&T Risk Management Process and proactive identification, reporting, analysis and control of operational risks across the business.
The jobholder will be expected to continually liaise with stakeholders across front, middle and back office; ensuring that key operational risks are identified to enable appropriate decision making and prompt Risk intervention where applicable. The ideal candidate will demonstrate independent thought, clear analysis and opinion, supported by solid understanding of key commercial and operational strategies and processes. Provide appropriate recommendations for risk governance materials and approaches based upon best practice. The candidate will proactively manage controls analysis and focus on pragmatic rectification, prioritising of risk and applying appropriate resolution actions.
This role offers a very broad remit, covering commercial and operational activities across multiple commodity products traded globally, requiring the candidate to be comfortable in building collaborative relationships with Front Office and the Support Functions at GM&T and its global subsidiaries. The role presents an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in operational risk within the energy sector within a dynamic and rapidly expanding trading business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the identification and assessment of operational risks across commercial and operational activities at GM&T;
- Support the incident management process; draft reports in a timely manner, capture details accurately through meetings and investigation, provide independent analysis on risk and control aspects of the incident to provide appropriate recommendations, capture all action details, track statuses and record resolutions;
- Support company-wide KRI reporting programme for commercial and support functions including trend analysis (leading and lagging), provide appropriate challenge to business areas to identify potential risks and control issues and senior management reporting;
- Support and conduct in-depth risk and control assessments and development of detailed action plans for key company risk areas and processes
- Support admin/gatekeeper role for high risk applications and manage broker, exchange relationship (Citi Bank, Trade Platforms, Exchanges, ETRMs);
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of Risk policies;
- Assist in the administration of the risk approval and operational readiness processes for new products and markets.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders in different areas of the business;
- Strong negotiation skills and presentation of arguments;
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines;
- Good energy market knowledge and front to back office best practise is preferred; and
- Excellent MS Office skills and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Reliable, diligent and highly motivated.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team orientated environment.
- Confident and proactive, Attentive and seeks to understand others views with the ability to communicate complex issues simply;
- Ability to cope with rapid business growth and a pressured environment in which requirements often change.
The successful candidate will have some experience in an operational risk, operations, analytical or auditing role, preferably within an energy trading organisation. Experience in risk management processes, measurement and control activities is desirable.