Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Responsible for originating structured power transactions for GM&T in Western Europe, with a special focus on Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland and Italy. Work in close collaboration with the trading desk and structured traders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Originate and close innovative power structures in Western Europe; responsible for developing a portfolio and overseeing the effective integration of such transactions within the organisation.
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with customers and counterparties in coordination with other representatives of GM&T and the Gazprom group ; frequently meet clients in order to originate the most relevant and client-driven products in the power and electricity market.
- Work closely with the trading teams in order to originate structured products which will also be sold and traded.
- Ensure transactions meet relevant policies and standards; provide clear and effective commercial expertise to contract drafting and review; promote effective integration of these transactions into the business.
- Build strategic relationships with core internal business partners such as the trading desk, optimisation, analytics, risk, IT, etc.
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to initiate, negotiate and close power structured deals.
- Established portfolio of clients in at least one European country.
- Understanding of the power challenges of the Energy Transition.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Excellent commercial instinct, integrity, perseverance and creativity to deal with a range of customers across in the region.
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair and energy; able to cope in dynamic environment with rapid business growth.
- Tenacious and results orientated, takes initiative and drives for closure.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills; strong analytical mind: able to shape deals to meet the needs of customers and trading desk(s) and other stakeholders.
- Excellent team player with willingness to collaborate and share expertise across GM&T.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English and other European languages – German or/and French would especially be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in the energy industry with a specialisation in power in Western Europe.
- Proven track record of power origination and successfully closing of a wide variety of power, renewable off-take and gas-to-power transactions in Western Europe.
- Excellent understanding of the power industry and marketing and trading activity specifics (e.g. system operation, products, customers and counter-parties).
- Expert understanding of all key commercial terms and conditions in key commercial structures and exposure to cross-commodity.
- Educated to degree level or higher (or equivalent).