Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The objective of the role is to deliver the testing service defined in Gazprom Marketing & Trading across the project and BAU portfolios. These resources will be the face of QA on the shop floor and provide the first port of call for the PM, BA and Dev community to reach out to.
During the Define phase of any given project the QA Manager will deliver the initial engagement from QA to the project that will include the Test Approach, Estimation and Resource Requirements. Moving into the Deliver phase the QA Manager will continue to be accountable for the QA in the project working with the Test Analyst(s) to ensure that the Quality Assurance is delivered in accordance with the GM&T SDLC standards.
A proportion of a QA Manager’s time is allocated to innovation and providing input into the future shaping of the Gazprom Marketing & Trading QA department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily stand ups - for each project under the QA Managers remit, they will attend the project stand up at least once a week.
- Design authority – Each new project has to pass through the design authority process to confirm the proposed architecture meets the requirements in the overall Gazprom landscape. A key responsibility for the QA Manager will be to attend these meetings on behalf of the project to gain an understanding of how the project needs to be tested in the bigger picture
- Gate assurance - As part of the GM&T project delivery methodology, the projects are required to pass through a series of gates. It is the responsibility of the QA Manager to confirm that from a QA perspective all of the requirements for the gate have been met in a complete fashion.
- Mentoring / coaching - A QA Manager resource will be a thought leader in the ways of testing and the best practice associated with that. Part of the role will include mentoring and coaching of the Test Analysts embedded in the projects. This coaching will extend out to the BA's and Dev's with regard to the agile ways of working and Gazprom's approach to this.
- Escalation point - At times there will be issues and problems that need fixing. Sometimes escalation will be required. The QA Manager is there to facilitate this before having to raise it to the Head of QA / Head of Dev level.
- Test and tools review - As part of the ongoing assurance model, the QA Manager will, at stages in the projects, review the tests created by the Test Analysts along with the tools being used. Direction and guidance can be given here on Gazprom standards and best practice.
- Continuous Improvement - It will be the role of the QA Managers to task the Test Analysts and themselves with mini continuous improvement projects that benefit the particular project they are working on. This again is a way of promoting 'best of breed' in the QA space.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of application testing and familiarity with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
- Solid working knowledge of Agile methodologies and associated test practices
- Ability to define test techniques and coverage for testing of requirements
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail while remaining succinct
- Creating Test Plans/Approaches/Strategies
- Previous experience of writing good automated Gherkin scenarios
- Utilizing BDD tools such as Specflow to evolve a robust automation pack.
- Developing fixtures (step definitions) in C#
- Mentoring and coaching teams in the creation of manual and automated test cases
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement of processes and deliverables
- Acceptance testing tools e.g. Specflow, Cucumber etc
- Financial or Commodities Trading
- Agile environment (SCRUM/Kanban) experience
- Working knowledge of Specification By Example
- Experience setting up automated test environments
- Test management experience of multiple teams
- Test planning experience
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager experience
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level or higher
- Relevant University Degree e.g. Computer Science or Software Engineering