From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
QA tester is responsible for the co-ordination, planning and test execution of all phases of testing. Working within highly specialised IT department, QA tester will be interfacing with developers, business analysts and the business to ensure delivery meets specifications and is delivered to the highest quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand business requirements and specifications/acceptance criteria and define test conditions
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with delivery and business stakeholder
- Provide estimates on all QA related tasks
- Impact assess functional and technical changes in a manner that allows for effective planning of regression testing.
- Design acceptance tests under own direction, using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non functional specifications/acceptance criteria.
- Liaise with upstream/downstream delivery work streams to ensure alignment of change delivery and QA/UAT resource availability
- Execute, record and analyze test results, identify and report defects, issues and risks associated with own work and for the QA team
- Monitor and report test progress/deliverables against planned timelines and delivery dates
- Management of QA and UAT builds and deployment
- Support the implementation and integration of an automated testing strategy
- Produce/update regression test packs to test new and amended software or services
- Provide UAT support to the business
- Identify areas for testing improvement and work with the teams to implement appropriate practices
Skills & Competencies
- Analytical, independent thinker; creative in finding solutions
- Excellent team working
- Passion to learn on the job and pick up things quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- To be able to plan effectively and prioritise work tasks
- Demonstrable experience of application testing and familiarity with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012.
- Ability to define test techniques and coverage for testing of requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Solid working knowledge of Agile & Waterfall methodologies and associated test practices.
- Proven ability in a commercial software testing environment.
- Experience in testing using SQL Server and Oracle Database queries (e.g. using SQL Server Management Studio and TOAD).
- Experience in Energy Retail sector (Gas and Power).
- Knowledge of test automation. Experience of building test automation frameworks and automated test scripts using industry recognised test automation tools.
- Degree educated (or equivalent level experience) in a numerate discipline, for example finance, engineering, mathematics or physics
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing