Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Front office position responsible for supporting the development of power trading activities of Gazprom Marketing and Trading in the European markets through the development and implementation of statistical trading strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develop speculative and systematic trading opportunities in the power markets through data analysis and interaction with market specialists
- Build own tools to originate and bring-to-market new strategies on the back of statistical analysis of a wide range of data
- Perform and lead systematic market analyses, develop models to support decision, develop back-testing infrastructure
- Responsible for data manipulations for the desk
- Develop a close relationship with market specialists (traders/analysts) to create product awareness
- Advise on technological enhancement to the Desk
- Interface with IT for data subject
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of numeracy
- Advanced IT skills, including knowledge of statistical software, programming skills Python, SQL, VBA
- Proven experience with Data mining technics – from simple to sophisticated analytic methods
- High interest and understanding of new technics derived from range of sectors such as Social Media, Artificial intelligence, …
- Commercial awareness and interest
- Interest in European energy industry, no past experience required
- Proactive in achieving results and achieving targets – Proven track record of delivering innovative/top-end business ideas
- Willingness to grow a business – entrepreneur mind-set, self-motivated, independent-thinker
- Ability to foster and build strong relationships across teams
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions in a pressured environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of working with data and creating value through statistical analysis
- Experience in predictive analysis an advantage
- Commercial or/and risk-taking experiences are advantageous
- Degree level education in a numerate subject preferred or equivalent experience.