Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for providing first class reception/front of house services. The key task of this role is to work effectively within a team to ensure high standards are being consistently maintained and to support the ongoing expansion of GM&T.
The successful candidate will first and foremost have a passion for being in a customer facing role and delivering a consistently excellent service to each and every person with whom they come in to contact. He or she will be able to work as part of a team and will thrive on not only individual success but also that of the team as a whole, as well as meeting all of the required skills, behaviours and competencies set out below.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all
- Welcome visitors, update visitors database and record access passes that have been issued.
- Answer telephone calls in an efficient and effective manner, screening / diverting calls and taking messages as necessary.
- Ensure reception and front of house areas are maintained and presented to a high standard at all times.
- Book conference calls when necessary
- Support other team members by being proactive and self-motivated, offering help when necessary
- Manage the room booking diary, ensuring optimum use of internal facilities and external venues if required.
- Liaise with Facilities and Catering teams as required.
- Perform various office administration tasks and ad hoc duties as required.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent understanding of being in a customer facing role
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills – in particular MS Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Behaviours and Competencies
- Successful candidate will have concern for team success as well as individual success, and will work in line with the team’s goals and with the team in achieving them.
- Ability to co ordinate multiple reception duties at different desks and with different team members.
- Is able to think outside the box in order to solve problems quickly and efficiently
Passion for Excellence, Growth and Learning
- Seeks helps from manager or team members when unsure of how something is done
- Has a passion for being in a customer facing role where excellent first impressions are crucial
- Is open to feedback from team members and willing to move forward and improve on mistakes
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive in achieving results
- Ability to work under pressure whilst retaining a positive and courteous attitude and a smile!
- Ability to supervise and cope with multiple priorities and changing environment.
- Diligent and dependable.
- Mature and professional attitude to work.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to quickly assess numerous tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to provide a warm welcome and to make a positive, lasting impression.
- Communicates accurately and timely both verbally and written
- Is open to sharing ideas with others
- Is not afraid to seek assistance
- Is open and honest with other team members, taking in to account their preferred communication style
- Is able to adapt communication style in order to communicate within a multi-cultural organisation.
- Experience of working on a busy reception/front of house/customer facing position
- Experience of using Microsoft Outlook in (particular the calendar and email) essential.
- Experience of working in an international organisation with overseas parent company is an advantage.
- Experience of managing meeting rooms bookings
- Experience of working within a team
- No formal education qualifications required.