Gazprom Energy is the retail arm of London-based Gazprom Marketing & Trading Ltd. Since becoming part of the Gazprom group in 2006 we’ve gone from strength to strength, even in challenging economic times. In the last eight years we’ve expanded into new territories, entered new markets, grown our customer base and employed more people. In the UK, we specialise in supplying energy to businesses and organisations of all sizes and today we’re the second largest business gas supplier and we supply 1% of business electricity. From our Manchester headquarters we serve over 15,000 customers across the UK and provide support to our teams in France, Germany and the Netherlands. We work closely with our Gazprom Marketing & Trading colleagues and together our goal is to help Gazprom be a leader amongst global energy companies. This means putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. Since we value our people as much as our customers we’re committed to challenging, developing and investing in our 400 employees across Europe and as we continue to grow and build a leading pan-European energy retail business, we’re looking for people who have a passion for excellence, work well as a team and can think outside the box to overcome challenges.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
To develop and deliver automated business processes through robotic technology (Blue Prism). You will also be required to document these processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the business to identify automation opportunities, by analysing new processes and assessing feasibility
- Analysing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements
- Designing & configuring automation (Blue Prism) process solutions
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of automation processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required
- Working in a project environment, communicating any identified risks and issues to the project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process
- Working with QA to create and document test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
- Supporting the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Technical: MS Visio, strong Excel/Access skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to explain technical detail to non-technical colleagues
- Collaborative working style to engage with the rest of the team and ensure delivery
- Takes accountability and full ownership of the tasks assigned and actively seeks tasks that’s have been missed
- Creative and Innovative thinker to propose and/or implement new solutions
- Programming/coding experience in C#.Net, SQL, Java, VB6 or similar (desirable)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to gather business requirements & develop appropriate automation solutions
- Excellent documentation writing skills
- An understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram, and to illustrate a written process description as a workflow diagram
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Blue Prism, or other robotic automation software (desirable)
- Knowledge of energy industry processes and/or systems (desirable)
Must hold a degree (or equivalent level experience) in an IT discipline, for example Computing, Computer Science
Blue Prism accreditation (desirable)