From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the Senior HR Co-ordinator is to provide responsive, effective support and supervisory co-ordination of the administration services within the team, leading daily huddles and giving focus to the delivery of the employee life-cycle processes. This role will be first escalation point for complex queries and will be accountable for the effective day to day delivery of transactional activity, supporting the team with the planning and prioritising of workload to ensure this is deliver within SLA.
With a customer focussed attitude, and an eye for continuous improvement, this role will support the Global HR Operations Team Leader in the development and implementation of best practise shared service process review, including training within the team, that will align our service from a Global perspective and ensure that we deliver the best possible service to the Business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrative support to the hiring process including drawing up employment contracts and co-ordination of the post-offer process
- Co-ordinate the new starter process, including communication to relevant departments, updating SAP and organisation structure and Background Checking processes
- Conduct regular review of SLA and KPI and escalate challenges and opportunities to the Global HR Operations Team Lead
- General admin support to the HR function, including ad hoc employee correspondence, support call queries and requests, and maintaining employee files
- Act as first escalation for the HR Services Team
- Create letters and documents in support of the Joiners, Movers, Leavers (JML) and employee life cycle processes for Line Managers and Employees
- Responsible for identifying improvement opportunities in the JML and lifecycle processes and escalating to the Global HR Operations Team Leader along with recommendations for implementation
- Provide assistance with life cycle processes e.g. maternity/paternity/adoption leave arrangements
- Update and maintain employee data on SAP
- Assist HR Systems and Operations Lead with co-ordination of cyclical processes from an administrative perspective e.g. annual pay review
- Support the process for new visas and monitor existing visa expiry and extension requirements ensuring compliance with UK Border Agency guidelines
- Support Global HR Operations Projects where applicable.
- Produce Global HR Operation team’s management reports/presentations where necessary
- Attend monthly Global HR Operations meetings and deliver updates on team achievements and priorities
Payroll and Benefits
- Liaise with Global Payroll and Benefits Team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of monthly Joiner, Mover & leaver administration (JML) against the Payroll Timetable
Skills & Competencies
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, organised and commercially aware
- Results focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Passionate about team work and providing excellent service
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good relationship management capabilities
- Diligent and reliable
- Proactive in achieving results and seeking improvements
- Operational HR administration experience is essential, ideally from within an international organisation
- Knowledge and experience of supporting and delivering within a HR Shared Service function
- Supervisory experience is heavily desirable, though not essential as this role does not have direct report accountability
- Understanding of UK and International employment legislation and HR management practices
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SAP HR – preferred
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience