From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the operations and development of risk management activities at Gazprom Energy.
As Senior Portfolio Analyst you'll be responsible for reviewing the risk processes and the credit quality within the portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities to optimise risk, whilst ensuring overall business and market objectives are met.
You will have a wide remit and will cover aspects of portfolio management, alongside commercial insight, presentation and stakeholder management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and reporting of Key Credit Risk Measures (CVaR, Portfolio Reporting, MtM, Expected loss, KPI reporting) including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- To produce robust analysis and regular reports to support credit risk oversight ensuring the organisation remains within its stated risk appetite and enable effective credit risk management.
- To constantly monitor the credit risk environment and macro-economic trends, provide MI and credit risk strategy information to the Gazprom Energy Credit Dept and other senior stakeholders.
- Provide analysis supporting reviews of credit loss assumptions / scenario / trend analysis.
- Review and challenge the calculation and reporting of the credit risk position.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating credit risk on a portfolio level, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure data and assumptions are valid and sound credit opinion are communicated to stakeholders in a convincing, understandable and concise manner.
- Manage the robust implementation of business projects that impact risk indicators and adapt to changing business processes. This includes driving the development of credit automation workflow through system improvement to ensure increased automation
- Managing complex projects related to credit risk and requiring coordination with other departments. Requirement to be able to autonomously drive projects and present workable results within deadlines to management.
- Experience in producing detailed counterparty credit applications request, incorporating a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- Ensure all credit applications and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance to both Gazprom Energy credit rules and procedures.
- Oversight, review and preparation of the portfolio reporting deliverables including management of the junior portfolio analyst in the team.
Skills & Competencies
The successful Senior Portfolio Analyst will likely have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject.
- 3-5 years working experience in the risk area.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (strong in Excel and ideally proficient in VBA).
- Extensive analytical experience with an aptitude for data mining and problem solving
- Demonstrate a rational, pragmatic, disciplined and methodical approach to delivery.
- Excellent communication, organizational and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex problems and deliver solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of credit risk management practices,
- Ability to produce accurate reports within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.