From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Solution Architect is a crucial role operating across multiple project developments. The role undertakes the architecting of integrated solutions which meet current and future business needs. The role requires all round architectural experience, knowledge and discipline – business, information, functional, applications, integration and technical architectures as well as business change and migration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for formulating the overall solution architecture which details business, information, application, integration and technical architectures from business requirements which meet the strategic and architecture policies of the organisation
- Responsible for delivering conceptual solutions interpreted into logical functional architectures and physical system architectures
- Responsible for the overall integration solution - producing interface, messaging and data flows views, system context architectures
- Modelling high quality architectural artefacts defined in the Architectural Content Framework (ACF) within the prescribed Architectural Development Method (ADM)
- Responsible for progressing the solution architecture through the required architectural, delivery and investment governance regimes
- Create and own the logical data model that supports the migration, transition & transformation activities
- Ensure all reference data requirements/impacts are captured and manage the specification and acquisition of reference data
- Assess Technical Non Functional Requirements and ensure they are reflected in architecture solutions
- Working with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Testers and Business representatives, in defining the end to end solution.
- Able to work collaboratively in an Architecture Practice and contribute toward the team delivery.
- Experience of managing the solutions architecture compliance with the Enterprise Architecture
- Management of risk and issues
Skills & Competencies
- Self-starter able to plan and manage a broad scope of work and balance multiple sources of demand.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of establishing sound internal and client relationships.
- Sound presentation skills.
- Gas & power industry experience
- Solutions design/architecture experience in a Microsoft Environment
- Detailed knowledge of database/application/integration & technical architectures
- Experience documenting complex business requirements in an enterprise level environment
- Understanding of business requirements, specification writing and design of technical solutions
- Taking ownership for the solution architecture
- Experience of governance and assurance
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification (or commensurate work experience in a relevant area).