Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Gas, Power and Derivatives strategic business unit supports Gazprom and third-parties providing traded market expertise for natural gas, electricity and other commodities and related financial instruments mainly in Europe. The business offers its customers a good range of services to enable them to access markets, secure cash-flows for their assets and manage their commodity price risks.
Responsible for originating structured gas transactions for GM&T in Eastern Europe. Working in close collaboration with the trading desk and other structured traders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Originate and close structured gas transactions in Eastern Europe
- Product scope includes non-standard transactions for sales and purchase of natural gas, physical and virtual storage and transportation and gas to power
- Responsible for over-seeing the effective integration of such transactions within the organisation.
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with GM&T customers and counter-parties in co-ordination with other representatives of GM&T and Gazprom
- Provide clear and effective commercial expertise to contract drafting and review
- Ensure that all transactions meet relevant policies and standards. Including: legal, risk, credit, compliance and internal audit requirements
- Ensure accurate performance reporting
- Delivery of challenging financial targets and associated performance measures.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent commercial instinct, integrity, perseverance and creativity to deal with a range of customers across a wide geographical region, focusing on Eastern Europe (SVK, CZ, HU etc)
- Strong analytical mind: able to shape deals to meet the needs of customers and the Trading desk(s) and other stakeholders.
- Excellent team player with willingness to collaborate and share expertise across GM&T and work with a wide variety of people and cultures
- Skilled negotiator with the ability to adapt style to different conditions
- Tenacious and results oriented, takes initiative and drives for closure
- Clear-thinking and flexible approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to present to internal/external stakeholders
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Czech or Slovakian also required.
- Experienced in the gas industry, ideally with a proven ability in origination and a successful history of closing a wide variety of non-standard gas transactions
- A strong network of contacts in the key market areas of Eastern Europe (SVK, CZ, HU etc)
- Able to bring a new client base and product expertise to GM&T
- Proven performance of working within a complex and fast moving trading environment
- Excellent understanding of the gas and wider energy markets in Europe (e.g. system operations, regulation, products, competitive landscape: customers and counterparties)
- Expert understanding of all key commercial terms and conditions in commercial agreement including value drivers and split of risks.
- Educated to degree level or higher (or equivalent).