Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Technical Test Analyst role is responsible for all day-to-day testing of prioritised change delivered through Agile (Scrum)/Kanban with implementation into production every two weeks. The Technical Test Analysts will play a key role in shaping the testing practices and ensuring quality is at the heart of the product, as per the Agile ethos.
Working as an integrated member of the team you will be interfacing with developers, business analysts and the business to ensure development work meets specifications and is delivered to the highest quality within the sprint timelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define the strategy and plan for increasing automated test coverage of the existing code base and integration points
- Produce/update automated regression test packs to test new and amended software or services
- Design acceptance tests under own direction, using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications/acceptance criteria
- Work collaboratively as an integrated member of the team
- Participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Provide QA estimation input to the estimation meetings for product backlog items in the sprint
- Ensure business requirements and specifications/acceptance criteria are sufficient to define test conditions
- Execute, record and analyse test results, identify and report defects, issues and risks associated with own work
- Support the integration of an automated testing strategy into the iterative agile framework
- Identify areas for testing improvement and work with the team to implement appropriate agile practices
- Ensure the Gazprom Development life-cycle and standards are followed
Skills & Competencies
- Utilising BDD tools such as SpecFlow, Cucumber, FitNesse or similar to evolve a robust automation pack.
- Developing fixtures (step definitions) in C#
- Building continuous integration approaches leveraging reporting tooling
- Previous experience of writing good automated Gherkin scenarios
- Strong SQL capability
- Experience testing Data as a primary QA goal with large data sets
- Data flow and data mapping testing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of application testing and familiarity with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, Mingle, Jira, Rally or similar
- Solid working knowledge of Agile methodologies and associated test practices
- Ability to define test techniques and coverage for testing of requirements
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail while remaining succinct
- Degree (or equivalent qualification), ideally in a numerate or computing related subject OR, equivalent business/working experience
- Background in Mathematics or Engineering will also be advantageous
- Ideally ISEB/ISTQB qualified